For an attorney or law firm, finding a marketing strategy that is cost-effective can be a difficult task. Times have changed. Traditional advertising techniques simply don’t provide a good return on the investment or reach a worthwhile portion of potential clients. These potential clients are instead flocking to the internet, using search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing to research or find services.
Lawyer Internet Marketing
Web marketing can be a sure way for lawyers to achieve the desired results without breaking the budget. Your return on investment is the most important measurement of the success of an online marketing campaign. To calculate your retun on investment, simply determine: “how much money are you spending on marketing compared to how much additional revenue you are making as a result from the marketing?”
Successful internet marketing for lawyers takes advantage of many low cost mediums in order to achieve a dominating online presence, which translates to less of an investment on your part. This is an especially effective medium to jump start the legal practice for an attorney who is thinking about marketing a new law firm online.
Developing Your Law Firm’s Online Presence
- Our Approach towards Effective Internet Marketing
- Laying the Foundation with a Dynamic Website
- Marketing Your Law Firm in Major Search Engines
- Continued SEO Development by Utilizing Online Resources
- Inbound Marketing vs. Outbound Marketing
- The Importance of Online Transparency
- The Advantages of Internet Marketing
Our Approach towards Effective Internet Marketing
At Internet Lava, we have developed a specific formula that allows for a law firm to market their services online in the most effective manner. This approach includes a custom-designed, professional website that is full of engaging elements, capturing both the attention and respect of your potential client. We want you to be able to connect with local consumers who need legal representation for the specific cases that are most profitable to your firm.
We use the perfect combination of different web marketing services to build strong visibility for your law firm across the internet. Our methods will increase your overall exposure, connecting you with the type of client and cases you most desire. Your website is the pinnacle of your online presence. All of our online marketing efforts are designed to further strengthen your site’s search visibility and traffic.
Laying the Foundation with a Dynamic Website
- Website Design – Your law firm’s website is the core of your online marketing strategy. An attractive and tailored website with a clear call-to-action will inspire visitors to contact you for legal services.
- Content Development – Your website content is the most important aspect of your online presence. We highlight your command of your legal knowledge and ability, by displaying highly comprehensive and informative web content to your potential clients.
- Search Engine Optimization – It is important that your website be built for strong natural search results on the keywords that people are using to find your services. SEO is an effort that will require continued development and enhancement throughout every phase of your marketing campaign.
Marketing Your Law Firm in Major Search Engines
- Search Engine Marketing – It will take time for the SEO efforts to result in strong organic search visibility that generate a large amount of traffic. By using Pay-Per-Click search marketing in Google, Bing, and Yahoo during the first phase of your campaign, we can deliver immediate results or augment your long-term strategy
- Local Map Marketing – By creating and optimizing local business listings in Google Maps, Bing Maps, and Yahoo Local, you will gain increased exposure through other search platforms. The goal is to acquire first page local map listings in each major search engine.
Continued SEO Development by Utilizing Online Resources
- Social Media Optimization – Attracting visitors to your website by promoting and publicizing content through social media can both please search engines and engage clients.
- Professional Blogs – By making consistent blog posts that showcase your knowledge, we can enhance your law firm’s image and attract local consumers who are searching for specific legal information related to their case.
- Press Release Distribution – Making regular announcements to the press about your law firm is another way to further promote your website. It also helps generate traffic and improves your professional image.
- Article Marketing – Publishing interesting and informative articles is another way to showcase your knowledge while also creating strong backlinks.
- Directory Submissions – Submitting your site to local directories and legal directories will further increase your online visibility and overall exposure.
- Link Building – Building strong inbound links to your website from other sites that are high ranking, popular, and relevant to your legal field are essential to increasing in rank.
Inbound Marketing vs. Outbound Marketing
Outbound marketing refers to a form of marketing that essentially throws a message into the world for everyone to see or hear. Billboards, TV commercials, mailers, and radio spots are guilty of using this technique. This type of marketing is also referred to as intrusion marketing or interruption marketing. Companies will intrude or interrupt your everyday life to get their message across.
Three of the biggest disadvantages to outbound marketing are the cost, lack of long-term investment, and the inability to truly focus the targeting.
Inbound marketing is a style of marketing that focuses on getting found by the consumer who is already actively looking for the type of services you provide. By engaging this consumer, you are reaching a target audience of those who are already interested. Internet marketing is the most effective tool to tap into this quality pool of potential clients. When the consumer finds a service online that meets their exact needs, they are likely to contact the business immediately.
With a successful internet marketing campaign, inbound marketing techniques are maximized to their fullest potential. We use a number of online tools to publish helpful information that will attract consumers that are already interested and actively engaged in seeking out your legal services.
The Importance of Online Transparency
It is important to be open and transparent about information related to your legal field. Our strategy involves sharing general legal information about process, defenses, statutes, and other practice area-specific issues. As a potential client is ill-equipped to represent themselves legally, they would see your service as especially vital.
This type of content and transparency are not intended to be legal advice. It simply serves to create a client who is better informed and sees you as the expert within your area of practice.
With recent technological advancements, more and more consumers have high-speed or broadband Internet connections, many with wireless media and other digital technology. This has allowed for many firms to embrace online advertising and shift toward using rich multimedia to more effectively engage the online consumer.
The Advantages of Internet Marketing
Internet marketing is an inexpensive way to reach a larger target audience compared to traditional advertising techniques. Another advantage to online marketing for attorneys is that every aspect can be traced, measured, and recorded with through analytics reporting software. This even allows you to explore the viewing patterns of previous website visitors.
With internet marketing, a lawyer can use a wide variety of widely-used online resources to publish information promoting their firm. However, this must be done consistently and thoroughly, creating a time-consuming process for a busy law firm. That is why Internet Lava includes every necessary online marketing technique in one package.
Let us take care of every aspect of your marketing campaign so you can concentrate on growing your practice. Call 1-800-292-5282 (Lava) to learn more.
Article updated on Wednesday, June 3, 2015.